Saturday, January 15, 2011

The New Year

With the new year we have experienced a few new changes. Nick has begun to interpret in Spanish at the hospital. He loves being able to speak in Spanish again and work in a hospital setting. I was recently called as the relief society pianist. Unfortunately I quit piano lessons in 8th grade to just pursue flute which means I haven't really played for six years and in the years I did play I didn't learn the hymns. How I wish I would have now. Luckily last summer Nick and I brought a piano so I can practice the hymns before having to play in church. I now have about 12 songs under my belt which leaves a little over 300 to learn.

For Christmas I got a sewing machine from Nick's parents. For my first project I made some pillows for our couch. Here are some pictures:






2 comments:

  1. Great present! I love my sewing machine! I just wish I had more time to use it!

    ReplyDelete